I’m finally updating my site here and I can’t believe it’s really been more than 2 years since I did anything. And what a crazy 2 years it’s been! Just a sampling of what’s happened in the last 2 years:
- July 2009
- Hailstorm hits our house and causes nearly $24,000 in damage.
- September 2009
- My friend Nick and I are in a bike crash together. I broke both bones in my right forearm and chipped a front tooth. I ended up with 2 steel plates and 14 screws in my arm and spent 3 days in the hospital.
- Found out Andrea was pregnant!
- June 2010
- Our first son, Ethan Russell Love-Church is born on June 28th. He has meconium aspiration and has to be transported to Children’s Hospital in Aurora where they put him on a heart/lung bypass machine for 5 days. He ends up spending 23 days in the NICU before being released to come home.
- July 2010
- One week after Ethan is born, while in the hospital with him, I am laid off by CNSI.
- Grandpa Ideker passes away on July 29th, just one week after Ethan is released from Children’s Hospital.
- September 2010
- I get a job working at EffectiveUI. I have never had this much fun going to work every day or been this challenged on a regular basis. It is a great environment for me.
- August 2011
- Yet another bike accident. This time I was hit by a car. Fortunately I’m ok, but the bike was totaled. I ended up getting a new 2012 Trek Madone 4.5 to replace the 2008 Trek Madone 4.5. It’s a great bike, but I’m still sad that all I have left of my 30th birthday present from Andrea is the pedals and the water bottle holder.
Those of you that know me well will also know that this isn’t a full accounting of everything that’s been going on, but this is the list for public consumption. Hopefully I’ll be able to post more regular updates here in the near future.